The term Artificial Intelligence was proposed by the year 1995 August 31 by John McCarthy (Dartmouth College), Marvin Minsky (Harvard University), Nathaniel Rochester (IBM), and Claude Shannon (Bell Telephone Laboratories) and it was been officially announced by the year 1956 as “Every aspect of learning or any other feature of intelligence can in principle be so precisely described that a machine can be made to simulate it. An attempt will be made to find how to make machines use language, form abstraction and concepts, solve kinds of problems now reserved for humans, and improve themselves.”
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the machine with the ability to solve the problems that are usually done by us humans with our natural intelligence.
The original 7 Aspects of Artificial Intelligence (1995)
1. Simulating higher functions of the human brain.
2. Programming a computer to use the general language.
3. Arranging hypothetical neurons in a manner so that they can form concepts.
4. A way to determine and measure problem complexity.
6. Abstraction: Defined as the quality of dealing with ideas rather than events.
7. Randomness and creativity.
After 65’s years, we had completed the language major problem complexity and self-improvement to at least some degrade. However, randomness and creativity are just started to be explored. We have seen a couple of web-episode groups show films and even a feature-length film completely written by Artificial Intelligence (AI).
• “SURPRISING” (2016) a Sci-Fi short film was entirely written by Artificial Intelligence (AI).
• “PBS Idea Channel” episode written by Artificial Intelligence (AI).
According to “Jack Copeland” who has written multiple Artificial Intelligence (AI). Some of the most important factors of Artificial Intelligence (AI) are:
1. Generalization learning: Learning that enables the learners to perform better in a situation not previously counted.
2. Reasoning: To reason, a draw conclusion appropriates the situation in hand.
3. Problem-solving: Given such and such data to find X.
4. Perception: Analyzing a scanned environment analyzing features and relationships between objects. Example self-driving cars.
5. Language understanding: Understanding language by following syntax and rules similar to humans.
Here are a few examples of Artificial Intelligence (AI) are Machine learning, Computer vision, Natural language processing, Robotics, pattern recognition, and Knowledge management.
Two Types of Artificial Intelligence in terms of approach
1. Strong Artificial Intelligence (AI): Strong Artificial Intelligence (AI) is simulating human brains. Strong A.I can do anything as well/better than a human. Example: a machine hears the word “Good morning” and starts to associate that with the coffee maker turning on to make coffee If the computer has the ability, it theoretically could hear the word “Good morning” and decide to turn on the coffee maker.
2. Weak Artificial Intelligence (AI): Weak Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a system that operates within a limited context and is a simulation of human intelligence. Example: Amazon’s Alexa, Apple’s Siri, IBM’s Watson, self-driving cars, Chess playing AI and many more. Weak A.I achieves only the result of a human.
Real-world Applications of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
1. AI in Robotics: Artificial Intelligence has a significant role in Robotics. General robots are programmed such that they can perform some repetitive task, but with the help of AI technology, you can create intelligent robots which can perform tasks with their own intelligence without pre-programmed. Example: Humanoid Robots like Sophia and Erica, has been developed which can behave as humans.
2. AI in Education: Artificial Intelligence can automate the grading system so that the teachers can have more time to teach. AI technology chatbot can communicate with students as a teaching assistant. AI technology in the future can be work as a personal virtual tutor for students, which will be easily accessible anywhere at any time.
3. AI in Gaming Zone: Artificial Intelligence technology has become an essential part of the gaming industry. Artificial Intelligence machines can play tactical games like chess, where the machine needs to think of a large number of possible places. Other examples of Artificial Intelligence in the gaming sector which include the First Encounter Assault Recon, widely known as F.E.A.R, which is a first-person shooter video game.
4. AI in Agriculture Sector: Agriculture is an area that requires various resources, labor, money & time for the best output. Presently agriculture is becoming digital, and AI technology is emerging in this field. Agricultural sectors are using as agricultural robotics, solid and crop monitoring, predictive analysis. AI technology in the agriculture sector can be very helpful for farmers. Agriculture sectors are using automation and robotics to help farmers find more effective ways to protect their crops from weeds.
5. AI in Healthcare Sectors: Healthcare sectors are using AI technology to make a better and faster analysis than humans. AI technology can help doctors with diagnoses and can inform when patients are deteriorating so that medical help can reach to the patient before hospitalization. With the help of AI technology an organization called “Cambio Health Care” developed a clinical decision support system for stroke prevention for patients that can give the physician a warning when there’s a patient at risk of having a heart stroke.
6. AI in Social Media: Social Media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and many more contains a collection of billions of user profiles, which need to be stored and managed in a very well-organized way. AI technology can organize and manage those huge amounts of data. AI technology can analyze lots of data to identify the latest trends, hashtags, and requirements of different users. AI technology is constantly transforming social media channels, from expanding user experience to finding more effective ways to market products.
7. AI in the Finance Sector: Most of the financial organizations are turning to AI technology to improve their stock trading performance and boost profit. AI technology and finance sectors are the best matches for each other. Finance sectors are implementing a chatbot, automation, adaptive intelligence, and machine learning into their financial processes.
8. AI in Banking Sectors: Banking sectors are using AI technology to provide customer support, credit card frauds, detect anomalies and many more. Example: HDFC bank which has developed an AI chatbot called EVA (Electronic Virtual Assistant) at Bengaluru-based Sense forth AI Research.
9. AI in Astronomy: AI technology can be very useful to solve complex universe problems. Artificial Intelligence can help understand the universe such as how it works when it origin and many more.
10. AI in Data Security: Most of the organizations are more aware of the importance of their data and give more value to protecting it than ever before. With cyberattacks becoming ever more dangerous, there has never been a better time to adopt Artificial Intelligence-driven security tools. These tools are capable of protecting valuable data from being accessed or damaged by an unauthorized person.
Conclusion: Artificial Intelligence technology has the potential to change business forever. The aim of AI research has always been to artificially emulate human intelligence. The AI system learns independently from huge data sets how problems are best solved.
- For What Purposes Can LinkedIn be used - January 23, 2021
- Top 6 Benefits of Using a CRM for Your Business - November 16, 2020
- YouTube Marketing: An Ultimate Guide for a Business! - July 7, 2020